How to remove the air conditioner from the wall with your own hands
- How to remove the outdoor unit from the wall
- How to remove the air conditioning compressor
- How to remove the indoor unit from the mounting plate
- When do-it-yourself disassembly is undesirable
Knowledge of how to remove the air conditioner from the wall with your own hands may be needed in several cases:
- if relocation is planned;
- if necessary to carry out repair work;
- if you plan to replace the air conditioner with a new one and you don’t want to pay for dismantling the old one.
To begin with, when changing the location, it is worthwhile to deal with disconnecting the air conditioner from the wall completely, that is, both blocks. In this case, it is important not only to make a high-quality disassembly, but also to observe the rules for transporting split-system modules.
How to remove the outdoor unit from the wall
valve location on KKB
In the first place, the necessary tools are available. For self-removal of air conditioning will need:
- adjustable or gas wrench;
- wrench and socket wrenches;
- indicator screwdriver;
- pipe cutter;
- pressure gauge or manometric station.
Pliers and similar tools should not be used instead of a pipe cutter, as they spoil the quality of the copper pipe.
manometric station and gas valve
First, remove the external module - condensing unit or CCU.
Step 1. Use a pipe wrench or a wrench on the front side of the CCB to open the valve plugs.
Step 2. Close the external unit's liquid tap. Use hex key.
Step 3. In order for the entire freon to go to the external module, the air conditioner is started up in cooling mode for 30-40 seconds. As soon as the compressor began to work only for suction, a manometric station is connected to the valve from the gas pipeline and the parameters are set to reset. Immediately shut off the valve of the intake of freon.
Step 4. The system is completely de-energized. Before proceeding to the next stage of removing the air conditioner from the wall, use an indicator screwdriver to check for the absence of current by inserting it into the terminal with the phase.
Step 5. Now the pipe cutter cuts the freon line, as it is a non-removable component. The remaining ends must be insulated from moisture and debris. For this you can use tape.
Cut connecting tubes at a distance of 15-20 cm from fittings. If the dismantling of the capacitor module is carried out for the purpose of repair and restoration work, then it is not necessary to cut the copper tubes.
Step 6 . Carefully disconnect the drain piping and interconnect wires. The ends of the electrical wires and the drainage tube are also preferably wound with protective material.
Step 7 . Now proceed to dismantle the device itself. How to remove the external unit air conditioner with brackets? To disconnect it from the nuts and bolts, use open-end or socket wrench. Since KKB usually has considerable weight, it is advisable to take a second person as an assistant.
Step 8 . The brackets are removed from the surface of the building or balcony by unscrewing the shut-off armature with an end head.
After the conditioner has already been removed from the wall, proceed to its packaging. For this you need a multi-layer cardboard box, foam plastic and soft packaging film in a roll.
KKB can only be transported in a vertical position in order to avoid water hammer during subsequent work. Before you install the unit in a new place, you should let it stand for 2-3 hours.
If transportation is planned for winter time, you need to dismantle the air conditioner from the wall so that all the freon does not flow out. To do this, use a manometric station. But most experts advise to lower the refrigerant and then completely refill the circuit.
How to remove the air conditioning compressor
the compressor is designated number 1
The most serious malfunction of the split system can be a compressor failure. It occurs when:
- poor-quality installation - no evacuation, violation of the rules for laying the freon pipeline;
- using a split system in an unacceptable temperature range;
- factory marriage.
In this case, too, will have to remove the air conditioner KKB and disassemble it. Some climate technicians do without complete dismantling, but it is problematic to make it to a non-specialist, since in this variant access to many elements is severely limited.
The outdoor unit is dismantled, now how to remove the air conditioning compressor? In fact, there is nothing supernatural here:
- The protective cover is removed from the case of the external unit;
- Disconnect the lines going to the discharge and suction, as well as electrical wires suitable for the fan and compressor;
- Turn off fasteners with an open end wrench or socket wrench and remove the compressor from the vibration dampers.
It is worth considering that before removing the air conditioning compressor, you need to check the degree of deterioration of the oil. If it has an unpleasant odor and changes color when tested for oxidation, then a replacement + wash with KKB will be needed. With normal properties and a negative reaction for the oxidation of an oil, a simple replacement will suffice.
How to remove the indoor unit from the mounting plate
disassembled indoor unit
How to remove the air conditioner compressor and the outdoor unit itself with the hands from the wall, everything is clear. It remains to figure out how to dismantle the internal module. This process also takes place in several stages:
- Remove the protective cover from the case;
- Unscrew the fasteners;
- Disconnect all communications communications: freon highway, electrical interconnect cables, drainage pipeline. Pre-power off;
- The unit is removed from the plate, revealing the fasteners latch;
- Unscrew the mounting plate and dismantle the plastic wire with the remaining copper tubes.
When removing indoor unit air conditioner From the wall, extreme care must be taken not to damage the fastening clips holding the module on the mounting plate.
Be sure to staking the ends of the copper freon tubes in the same way as that of the outdoor unit.
Packed room module in a dense cardboard box, overlaid it with foam and wrapped with a soft bubble wrap. Evaporative unit can be transported in any position, unlike KKB.
If it is necessary to replace or clean any element of the indoor unit of the air conditioner, it may also be necessary to remove it from the wall or partially disassemble it into its components. It looks like this:
- Remove the faceplate and rinse its back side with a jet of water with detergent or soap;
- Remove the air flow guide plates, carefully taking them out of the slots. On some models there are special latches for this;
- They unscrew the screws, gently pull the lower protective part towards themselves and slightly lift its top, then remove it from the latches;
- Disconnect the power cord and drainage;
- Disconnect the interconnect wires from the corresponding terminals, having previously recorded their location;
- Remove the tray with a hose. In some models it may be stationary, then it is lowered a little;
- Now remove the tangential fan, lifting up the evaporative heat exchanger.
dismantled split-system indoor unit
All items are washed with water and detergent. You can use the steam generator for more thorough cleaning. When the parts are dry, they are fixed in the reverse order in place.
If it is necessary to dismantle the control board, then first remove the protective cover from the electronic unit, disconnect all the wires (connectors of the sensors of the indicator panel, air damper actuators). After unscrewing the board with fasteners with a screwdriver, or simply unplug it from the latches.
When the internal block is not dismantled, but disassembled, there is no need for cutting the freon line.
Monoblock systems are dismantled almost as well. The only difference is slightly different electrical circuit diagram and pipes with a working fluid.
When do-it-yourself disassembly is undesirable
Do not shoot conditioner do it yourself in the following cases:
- in the presence of a split-system column, channel or cassette type;
- if the user does not have the necessary tools, materials and instructions for the device;
- with the insecurity of man in their own abilities.
In these situations it is better to turn to professional installers.
Before embarking on independent actions, you can watch a video on how to remove the air conditioner yourself:How to remove the external unit air conditioner with brackets?
The outdoor unit is dismantled, now how to remove the air conditioning compressor?